Having a website people can easily navigate is common sense. It can save taxpayer dollars & help your agency achieve its mission. Here's how to dramatically improve your website by focusing on your customers' needs & adopting some basic usability techniques.
You Will Need:
• An understanding of your customers' goals
• Your agency's goals
• User-centered design techniques
• Tools for collecting and analyzing your website's performance
Step 1: Identify your customers and their top tasks for your website
Step 2: Understand your goals
Understand your agency's goals & how your website can fulfill them. Aligning your objectives with your customers' needs will help you be more strategic.
Step 3: Select ROI (return on investment) measures for top tasks
Choose key performance measures & conduct a baseline usability test on your website's top tasks. Create goals to define what success looks like – from your customer's perspective.
Step 4: Design for your customers
Design the website based on top customer tasks. Use terms your customers understand, which will reduce their frustration.
Step 5: Conduct usability tests during design
Conduct usability tests with real customers throughout the design process. The designs can be paper prototypes; they don't need to be fancy. Then, use the results to make additional improvements before you launch the website or publish new pages.
Step 6: Measure the ROI
Compare your baseline usability test to your redesign measurements to see how much your site's performance has improved. Translate that improvement into dollars & time. Implementing user-centered design can reduce errors, cut down on help-desk queries & slash redevelopment costs, while increasing citizen engagement & site traffic.
Step 7: Keep listening to customers
Use web analytics, surveys, blogs, & other tools to find out how well your top pages are working. Keep making small, ongoing improvements. It all a
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades